LOST is a non profit-making charity and in order to cover the costs of the festival we ask that each company pay a non-refundable fee of £10. This fee covers admin costs of the festival.
This is payable on your acceptance of the slot offered and must be accompanied by a £50 guarantee cheque which will be returned once your performance has been completed. The £50 cheque is our way of ensuring that once companies accept a slot, they are unlikely to withdraw. Your cheque will not be cashed unless you fail to perform in the Festival.
As well as keeping within the five minute performance time, we ask that you consider the following:
· The Five Minute Festival will not accept any entries of published work unless entered by/entered with the consent of the author themselves.
· Each production will perform on one evening only. If your production is unavailable for that date you are therefore unable to enter the festival.
· Each production must consist of no more than 4 cast members.
· LOST will provide 4 chairs and 2 tables that will be available for each show to use. These will be the only items of furniture/set allowed on stage.
· No costumes or hand props can be stored at the venue before or after your performance day. So if you can't carry it to and from the venue please don’t bring it.
· There is a limited amount of space backstage, and please remember this has to be shared with 9 other shows each night. Therefore we recommend simplifying your show as much as possible.
· If there is a chance that the running time could exceed 5 minutes, please cut the script down. Shows that are over-running at dress rehearsal will be withdrawn from the Festival and their work not published online.
· You must be willing to have your work filmed and publicised on the LOST on-line network. LOST claims no ownership of the work and all rights not directly linked to the 5 Minute Festival remain with you.