What we offer
The Festival is not only a competition, but also the chance to showcase your work on one of the best fringe stages in London!
We are a marvellous 200 seat theatre just 7 minutes walks from Stockwell Tube Station. Full spec'd we offer a level of comfort and technical excellence few other fringe venues in London can match.
What makes this Festival unique in this country is its use of an industry expert, not only to pick the best show from the week – but also to offer a live critique on the night after your performance, plus a written review.
Award winning bar
Not to be ignored, Stockwell Playhouse has an award winning bar that offers an excellent range of artisan drinks (at well below pub prices). The perfect place to network after your performance.
If your entry is accepted by the Festival Artistic Committee, you will be offered the following:
• An evening performance slot during the Festival week, which will include 10 minutes get-in, the performance period as detailed in your entry form plus 5 minutes get-out.
• A Technical/Dress rehearsal on the day of your performance. This will be daytime and will be your opportunity to fine tune your work and ensure all lighting and sound aspects are ready for the evening performance.
• A Festival Technical Manager who will oversee and operate lighting and sound for your show. A Festival Stage Manager who will ensure the smooth running of your show backstage.
• Full Publicity and Insurance.
• A professional MC to host the whole evening.
• Substantial discounts on our normal rehearsal room hire rates.
We do have a preference for applicants who are able to produce their own work on stage, but we do accept scripts that are not backed by a director/producer. Please make this clear on your application form.